CWS’s purpose is to provide a safe and superior operation service. We strive to foster an environment where our clients become advocates, our employees find opportunities for growth, and our team is recognized as an industry leader.
CWS is a locally owned Operations and Maintenance Company headquartered in Auburn, Alabama. Established in January 2007, our company partners with municipalities, county governments, private individuals, and water and wastewater boards to provide operations and maintenance of water and wastewater systems.
We are currently seeking passionate and dedicated professionals looking for the next great challenge in your career. If you are looking for a position that offers you growth, learning opportunities as well as bonus and incentive pay we have a great job with great pay and benefits, all in a great environment then this is an opportunity for you.
- Water Operators
- Regional Managers
- Wastewater Operators
- Project Managers
- Equipment Operators
- Maintenance Technicians
Our best candidates will have at least a high school diploma or equivalent plus demonstrated aptitude for learning and understanding technical, chemical and mechanical systems and concepts; valid driver’s license; water and/or wastewater certification with the appropriate state agency; at least two or more years in the operation, maintenance and process control measures of a similar surface water plant; the ability to work independently and with a team; demonstrate written and verbal communication skills; computer knowledge; and analytical and decision-making skills. Pre-employment drug testing is required.
Environmental Safety Specialist - Central, SC (Posted 5/10/2021)
ClearWater Solutions, LLC (CWS) is seeking an Environmental Safety Specialist based out of the Central, South Carolina office. The ideal candidate will provide support to the office and its staff, while also facilitating the efficient operations of CWS’ safety program alongside the Chief Safety Director. A positive attitude and aptitude for multi-tasking is necessary. Good time management and prioritization skills are essential when working in this fast-paced environment. Attention to detail is needed to help monitor compliance concerns. Honesty, integrity, and dependability are also necessary qualities for this position.
- Implement and monitor safety programs, policies, and procedures that meet OSHA and other applicable requirements
- Ensure CWS complies with all current safety regulations and that all employees are aware of safety requirements
- Assist the Chief Safety Director with educating employees about workplace safety through safety training
- Will interface with project management at all levels to provide EHS technical/tactical support
- Assist in the completion and maintenance of the Risk Assessment and Emergency Response Plans
- Assist in conducting incident investigations and reports
- Perform audits and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices to ensure that safety standards and regulations are followed at multiple sites in AL, GA, SC and MS, and others as CWS continues to grow
- Prepare written reports on safety inspections findings
- Assist in OSHA inspections
- Attend awareness and competent person level courses
- Check in Laboratory samples and review Chain of Custody Forms
- Handle Sample shipping and receiving, putting together testing kits
- Complete Lab related data entry and assist with maintaining lab contact, vendor and Client lists
- Assist with a few laboratory related tests two days a week
- Perform other related duties as directed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, EH&S, Risk Management, Environmental Science, or another related field preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in a full time Safety or Compliance role
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be detail oriented and a self-starter
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements and interpretations
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT), QuickBooks and in PDF programs, Mac experience a plus
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment (copier, phone, fax, computer)
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Participation in CWS Operator Training Courses- must have one certificate within 12 months of hire
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize work
- Willingness to Travel
- Flexibility with schedule
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Work is performed both in an office environment and in the field. Regular travel between CWS project locations using a personal vehicle or CWS vehicle is required. Position involves occasional bending, standing, kneeling, reaching below and above shoulders, and lifting objects weighing up to 50 pounds while performing job duties. May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions, noise and temperature extremes.